Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Golden Week Holidays in Japan


Hofu City, Yamaguchi
In Japan, there is a long weekend holiday so called Golden Week from 4/29 through 5/05.  There are three days holidays in the last week of April and 1st week of May so that they have a long holiday weekend.
  • April 29   Green Day 
  • May  3     Japanese Constitution Day
  • May  5     Children's Day
During this holiday weekend, I went back to my home town to see my parents and some of my old friends got together.  I ended up to drink 4 nights straight.  It started high school alumni, junior high school valley ball team alumni, elementary school alumni and kindergarden alumni.

This Friday, on the way back to Seattle, my high school friends in Tokyo will get together for me as another alumni party.

You do not need any job title, name of the company but what you are....  I really felt "En" last week in my home town and I am proud to respect "En" as a part of my business and life motto as EnLinx

You feel happiness when you found your own safe and comfortable place.  It is not money but people.

高杉晋作 辞世の句
ゴールデンウィークに田舎に戻りました。

久しぶりの帰郷で高校、中学バレー部、小学校、幼稚園となんと4連チャンで同窓会というか飲み会を私の帰省に合わせて友人達が集まってくれました。今週の金曜日はシアトルに戻る前に東京在京の高校時代の同級生が集まってくれるようです。

社名とおり「縁」を大切に仕事も人生も豊かに楽しみたいと思います。